Tips To Prevent Becoming a Carjacking Crime Victim
According to the U.S. Department of Justice, if you are an attempted car jacking crime victim, the perpetrator has a 50% chance of successfully making off with your car.
Don't be a crime victim
by: Robert Young
Carjacking of parked vehicles depends on the car owner being inattentive to their surroundings. Carjackers, like street robbers, prefer the element of surprise. Most victims say they never saw the carjacker until they appeared at their car door.
To reduce your risk of being carjacked, we have listed some common sense steps below:
- Always park in well-lighted areas, if you plan to arrive/leave after dark.
- Don't park in isolated or visually obstructed areas near walls or heavy foliage.
- Use valet parking or an attended garage, if you're a woman driving alone.
- As you walk to your car, be alert to suspicious persons sitting in cars.
- Ask for a security escort if you are alone at a shopping center.
- Watch out for young males loitering in the area (handing out flyers, etc.)
- If someone tries to approach, change direction or run to a busy store.
- Follow your instincts if they tell you to walk/run away to a busy place.
- As you approach your vehicle, look under, around, and inside your car.
- if safe, open the door, enter quickly, and lock the doors.
- Don't be a target by turning your back while loading packages into the car.
- Make it a habit to always start your car and drive away immediately.
- Teach and practice with your children to enter and exit the car quickly.
- In the city, always drive with your car doors locked and windows rolled up.
- When stopped in traffic, leave room to maneuver and escape, if necessary.
- If you are bumped in traffic, by young males, be suspicious of the accident.
- Wave to follow, and drive to a gas station or busy place before getting out.
- If you are ever confronted by an armed carjacker, don't resist.
- Don't argue, fight, or chase the robber. You could be seriously injured or killed.
- Never agree to be kidnapped. Drop the car keys, run, and scream for help.
- If you are forced to drive, consider crashing your car near a busy intersection so bystanders can come to your aid and call police.
- Call the police immediately to report the crime and provide detailed information.
Stay safe! Visit urbansafetysupplies.com" for all of your self defense and security item needs.
About The Author
Robert Young is the owner and operator of Urban Safety Supplies and Hi-Tech Hidden Cameras. Stay safe! Visit http://www.urbansafetysupplies.com for all your security item needs. Stun guns, pepper spray, personal alarms, and more!
Also visit www.hittechhiddencameras.com and see our hidden cameras, spy, and surveillance equipment you can use to prevent becoming a crime victim.
Detecting key logger crime
Internet fraud increasing everyday
Site Menuarticles (home)
audio cd books
shaving / hair removal
Articles (home) | Sitemap| Contact Us
Copyright www.articlesofthemonth.com - 2007 car jacking crime victim